NOTE: This printer is NOT a dual-extruder printer. It does not automatically switch between filaments.
The 508 was designed to hold two spools as a convenience, because there is plenty of room inside to keep filament dry and clean.
It was also originally intended to at some future point be extended to create a full dual-extruder machine. This proved not to be practical. We have instead designed a greatly-changed model of the printer that will soon become available.
NOTE: This printer requires a USB connection to a nearby computer to operate. A Windows 10 computer is best (Mac is usable but not as straightforward.)
ON-SITE SERVICE: An extra-charge optional service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW must email email@example.com for a distant onsite service quote.
Onsite service covers travel costs for trips made by our technicians to service your printer. This effectively turns the carry-in warranty into an on-site warranty. We highly recommend this for educational systems and businesses.
X: 508mm (20”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Perimeter: 40 mm/sec
Solid Infill: 80 mm/sec
Sparse Infill: 80 mm/sec
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 699 mm (27.5")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 508 includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- Webcam and Camera Light
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruder
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm
The PolyPrinter has a 6-Month “carry-in” warranty.
The warranty covers:
- failures due to defects in manufacturing
- design problems preventing functionality promised at the time of purchase
- two-way shipping of replacement parts
- labor at a designated repair facility
- forum, email, and live telephone support for diagnosis and repair
- breakage or wearing out of vital things that are not nominally wear items:
It does not cover:
- Consumables or wear items. (e.g. bed tape, nozzles.)
- Shipping the entire printer
- On-site labor