NOTE: This printer is just becoming available. It is currently being placed as a Beta Test with our established customers. If the DX can help you meet your needs, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see when it might become available in your area.
The new Dual Extruder PolyPrinter 465dx is a distinct step up in capabilities compared to our traditional machines.
What does this printer do that a 508 can't do?
The dual extruders allow:
- using water-soluble support material
- or printing in two colors at the same time (with suitably designed parts). One example would be signage or lettering on parts being in a different color than the rest of the part (in CAD it would need to be done as two bodies, one for each color).
- Or printing two different types of material in the same print
The network interface allows:
- usage and monitoring of the printer from anywhere on your local LAN
- printing even if completely disconnected from USB or the network, once printing starts
What does it NOT do that A 508 can do?
This printer only has a 465mm (18.3") wide printing area, instead of the wider 508mm (20") of the 508 machine.
ON-SITE SERVICE: An extra-charge optional service for clients located within Dallas Fort Worth. Clients outside DFW must email email@example.com for a distant onsite service quote.
Onsite service covers travel costs for trips made by our technicians to service your printer. This effectively turns the carry-in warranty into an on-site warranty. We highly recommend this for educational systems and businesses.
X: 465mm (18.320”)
Y: 229mm (9”)
Z: 229mm (9”)
Draft Mode - Normal Quality:
High Quality Setting:
Perimeter: 40 mm/sec
Solid Infill: 80 mm/sec
Sparse Infill: 80 mm/sec
Depth: 635 mm (25")
Width: 699 mm (27.5")
Height: 457 mm (18")
The nominal resolution per axis.
0.0125 mm per microstep (12.5 microns)
0.05 mm per full step (50 microns)
A.C. Power Required
Normally set to 120v, selectable to 230v Max 5.0 A (fused)
Average current while printing: Approximately 1.0 Amps at 120V AC.
The fully assembled PolyPrinter 508 includes:
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- 12 month standard warranty covering printer and extruders
- Fast, Accurate, Reliable 3D printer
- Networking (wired Ethernet)
- Operation via any web browser on the network
- Filament switch that pauses the printer when filament runs out or gets tangled
- Heated bed
- Webcam installed so you can watch your prints on the web
- Fully enclosed cabinet makes large parts more successful by enclosing the workspace, helps contain smells, reduces sound level.
- Hardened linear rods and linear bearings for smooth motion.
- Metal pulleys for accurate motion control.
- USB connection - does not need a serial port.
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300C
- Max Bed Temp: 125C
- Bed Surface (base) Aluminum
- Bed Surface for ABS: Polyester (PET) tape
- Typical Layer Resolution Range: .05mm to .25 mm (about 70% of nozzle diameter is a useful maximum). Layers thinner than .05 can be created but will not result in noticeably better prints.
- Nozzle Size: .35mm